*New time for the Guild monthly meeting!
The Prairie Piecemakers Quilters' Guild meets in Regina at the Whitmore Park United Church auditorium, at *7:00 PM on the first Tuesday of the month from September through June. Click here to see the meeting dates for 2012-13. Visitors and new members at all levels of quilting are welcome. Keep up to date with guild activities through the monthly newsletter. Check out the program for each meeting. Please bring your coffee mug with you to the meetings for coffee at the break and help reduce waste.
Meeting and Program
The next meeting is 7:00 PM on Tuesday, May 7, 2013. The program is a presentation by Fay Holstein.
Dot Lawrence will be accepting registrations, along with your current-dated cheque for $50.00 for the Guild's September 13-15 retreat at Woods Acre in Moose Jaw at the May meeting.
Show and Share
Each Guild meeting includes a showcase of quilts made by the members. Below are pictures of the quilts members showed at 2012-13 Guild meetings (pictures added each month).
The UFO Challenge is Back!
The UFO Challenge is back by popular demand. How many projects you finish is more important than whether you finish your whole list of UFO’s. Have fun. Here’s how to participate in the challenge:
- Submit a list to Dot. The list should include a name (description) of the article, size of finished article and the amount of work that needs to be done (these are musts.)
- Finished means FINISHED, that is quilting, binding and LABEL!
- Bring for show and share or a pic showing front and back (label).
- Points will be awarded for amount of work to be finished and size.
- The random draw at meetings will continue.
Contact: Dot Lawrence, e :firstname.lastname@example.org; t: 306-789-9410
Request for Photos
The Guild Newsletter editor is looking for photos of your favorite quilting projects to include in the newsletter. Contact Yvette, email@example.com for more information and to send her your photos.
Use the website to:
- Find out about the Guild and its program;
- Find information about upcoming workshops and shows;
- Learn more about the Connecting Threads group;
- View and download the current issue and past issues of the newsletter;
- Explore the Guild library;
- Check items listed for sale;
- Connect with other guilds and quilting resources from the website's Links section.
Please contact the Guild with your questions, feedback and suggestions:
Prairie Piecemakers Quilters' Guild Inc.
Box 33043, Cathedral P.O.